Wednesday, October 28, 2009

SOLID FOODS


Well, about a week ago, Rylees friend, Lexie got a new sippy cup and it was alot like a bottle.

It gave me the idea to try it with Rylee, so I went out and bought her one.

Thinking I would be able to trick her into drinking it and thinking it was a bottle.

She knew right away it was a "Cup", I kept telling her, "no, it's a bottle", but she knew better.

She kept correcting me.

So I keep giving it to her with milk in it and she will not drink it consistantly like she does a bottle.

But when I put gatorade in it she drinks it all.

She just doesn't like milk enough to drink out of a cup.

She has been saying "hungry" alot more since all this started, so she is eating as much food as me.

Before when she was on a bottle, all she cared about was getting her food by a bottle.

Im amazed by how much she can actually eat now.

Im not sure how much milk she actually needs at this point.

Although I know it is bad for her teeth and I had actually already got her off of going to bed with a bottle before,

I now give her a sippy cup of milk to keep while she goes to sleep.

That's the only way I can get some milk in her, because she is desperate for something to drink.

And she knows she can either lay there and do nothing or drink her milk.

I will get her off of a night feeding once I can get her to drink milk in the day.

Yesterday I even tried giving her 1 part milk and 3 parts gatorade,

she still didn't drink it.

She's so picky.

One thing I really like about it is before she constantly had a bottle in her hands, when I was trying to take pictures of her I couldn't pry it away from her.

Now she isn't attached to anything.

I think she's even almost forgotten about the "BABA", she hasn't said it herself in a couple of days.

I just wish this was a little easier or I wish I was seeing progress.

I want her to drink milk!

2 comments:

  1. Have you tried putting a little chocolate or strawberry syrup in the milk? Not sure how you feel about sugar, but Summer usually only drank chocolate milk. Sounds like you are a great mom! I'm so proud of you!

    ReplyDelete