Friday, September 11, 2009

POTTY TIME!

The other day Rylee got a big girl potty.
So I kept trying to just take her with me when I went to the bathroom, and she would sit on the potty and say No.
And just get up.
So I took her diaper off and let her run around naked.
I told her to tell me when she needs to "Tee-Tee".
But she always just tells me as she is going.
But the the good thing is that if I see her peeing on the ground I just say No!.
And she quits, and we go to the potty and sometimes she won't go still.
And it will be another 5 minutes before she needs to go.
She tee-teed on the potty one time the first day and the potty sings a song when she does and she feels so proud of herself.
It is really cute.
It's very frustrating for me though because she only tells me when she's going.
I wish that she would just go to the potty when she needs to go.
She definately knows what it's for.
But it's still early, she's only 16 months. Most babies aren't even attempting this yet.
So I guess I just have to be patient and let her learn on her own time.
But we will be practicing every day...

1 comment:

  1. Wow that is early! Summer was two when she potty trained. It's never too early to start though. Glad she's got a cool potty to help encourage her.

    ReplyDelete