Wednesday, December 2, 2009

19 Months :]


Rylee is such a happy girl. She is always playing and making up games with her mommy and daddy.
We even taught her to say "happy" and im pretty sure she understands the full meaning of it. We only say happy to her when she is laughing or smiling.
Now she will just randomly walk up to us and say happy and smile.
She loves to talk on the phone. She is always bringing the phone to me and saying " nana" (my mom), so I have to call her for her.
She will talk to her for a little while and then hang up and bring the phone back to me, usually she doesn't realize that she hung up on her and wants me to call her back. She is also trying to be really pursuasive it seems like, when she says something that she wants she nods her head yes while saying it.
Like she knows she is gonna get it or something and she is so sure of it.
It is cute, but it can be a pain when I tell her no, because she was so sure she was gonna get it that it upsets her so bad.
She tells us when she is hungry, which sometimes I feel like she can't be hungry that often. I wish I could tell when she was really hungry. Like if she had some kind of hunger meter that I could see. lol.
But she tells me she's hungry and takes my hand and guides me to the kitchen.
She eats so much now that she is off the bottle.
Still not drinking any milk!
My mom got her some chocolate soy milk and I try just putting the slightest amount in her cup of juice, just so she gets a little bit of milk.
Usually she will drink it as long as there isn't too much.
I have been feeding her more macaroni and cheese and things like that to help her get more calcium.
We have still been talking about "brother Aedyn" ofcourse, and how he will be here in 2 months.
I know she has no idea how long that is. lol
We have been practicing how to hold a baby, and putting a baby doll to sleep in a crib and how we have to be quiet.
She hasn't really gotten that part down, she will "shhh" and then say " nite nite baby" real loud. lol
Also I took her by myself to go visit Santa, I figured with all this extra - scaredness she's been going through lately that we should go visit him a couple times before we actually take her 2009 Santa pic.
Before it was our turn to go see Santa, Rylee was looking at him through the gate saying her version of Santa, Santa.
I had been showing her the picture from last year with him.
(different Santa this year btw)
And she seemed to be excited to see him, but as I expected the closer we got to him the more she wanted me to hold her.
By the time we were standing in front of him she had her head down on my shoulder.
I was showing her that he had boots, because she is obsessed with her own boots.
I put her down to stand by him because I thought that would be the next step to sitting on his lap.
She immediately started crying and saying "up. up". He gave her a coloring book and she still didn't like him.
I didn't want to stay there forever trying to make her like him, there was a whole line full of people. So we left. I plan to take her back again on a day where Santa isn't very busy.
Hopefully by the 3rd time she can go in her pretty dress and get pictures with him.
I don't want to give up the tradition of Santa pics!

No comments:

Post a Comment