Wednesday, December 9, 2009

SHES GROWING UP BEFORE MY EYES!

Well, Rylee has been reading this little book of colors she has had for about a month.
Her daddy and I have been trying to teach her a couple of colors with it.
Usually I think she just guesses what color it is and always says pink. lol.
Yesterday she brought the book to me saying "Red", and it was actually on the red page.
I congratulated her on getting it right but I thought she had just guessed.
Well today I was flipping through the book with her and I turned it to red, and she said "red".
I turned it to pink and she said "pink". Then I turned it to yellow and she said nothing. I told her yellow.
And the next turn around she got pink, red, and yellow.
I dont think I want to give her too many different colors to remember yet. I think I want to ingrave these few in her head first. lol.
I am so proud.
POTTY TRAINING :]
I have been keeping a little log of the number of times Rylee goes on her potty each day.
And so far --- 12/4- 2 times
12/5- 1 time
12/6- 0 times
12/7- 2 times
12/8- 6 times
Yesterday with the 6 times -
The first time Rylee just came out of her room where she was playing with Lexie with no diaper on.
And she went in the bathroom saying "tee-tee". I honestly didnt believe that she was going to go.
Because alot of times she just says it for attention and does nothing.
But a second later I heard the music on her potty.
I am really glad we got her a potty with music because sometimes I probably wouldnt have known that she went without it.
And all through out the day she would take her pants off by herself and go.
Alot of times I stop her from taking off her pants and diapers just becuase it is a pain for me and she does have alot of accidents on the floor.
But I am trying to get past that so she can learn.
And she does alot better if when she says "tee tee" and goes in the bathroom if me or her daddy goes with her.
Because if we dont usually she starts going on the potty and then when the music starts she gets up to see if we are going to come watch her and pees all over the floor.
But if we go with her she completely pees in the potty.
I am really proud of her, but I am still not pushing the issue.
We are just taking it day by day because I do not want to get frustrated with her if she stops going in the potty.

1 comment:

  1. So exciting to hear she is potty training. I know you will be glad to get her out of diapers since you've got another one on the way. Yay Rylee!!!!

    ReplyDelete