Friday, December 4, 2009

Such a little character!

So not too long ago, Jake was getting onto Rylee for something and he said "Rylee, I'm gonna pop you".
And She said in the cutest, happiest voice, "pop you". So ever since she thinks its so funny to say it to me and her daddy.
She doesn't actually pop us, she just likes to say it.

Lately Rylee has liked to be held like a baby, probably because I have been teaching her to hold babies.
My mom will hold her like a baby and sing "Rock a bye baby" and Rylee loves it, she will let her hold her as long as she is singing.
Well today Rylee was on the phone with my mom and my mom started singing it to her.
So Rylee, holds the phone like a baby and rocks it back and forth. I thought it was the cutest thing. When she saw how much attention I gave her for it she started hysterically laughing. She loves attention!

Another BIG THING right now is... Bribery!
I mainly just have to bribe her to eat. It all started with those graduate meals with ravioli and a side of vegetables. Well she didn't seem to think that she had to eat the vegetables, just the ravioli. I told her that she couldn't have anymore until she ate the vegetables. And right away she did it. Now when we eat those, she eats every other bite a vegetable. She really seems to understand everytime I try to make a deal with her.
She doesn't particularly like her yo baby yogurt, so I tell her that she will get candy or a cookie when she eats it all, and she comes up and eats it, no problem.
Or I will tell her just one more bite and it will be gone gone. and she will say "gone gone?" and then eat it. I end up telling her this a few times. I'm sure soon she won't believe me anymore and I don't know what I will do then. But I always hold up my side of our deals.
She loves to be Mommy's helper. When she brings her toys into the living room, once she's done playing with them, I will say, be mommy's helper please. And she says"box" like her toybox. She automatically knows what I am talking about and cleans up her toys.
When she walks into her room, if there are toys on the ground, she says "messy" and starts picking them up. I think I might be creating a neat freak!
But when her friend Lexie is over she always pulls out every last one of her toys!
I don't know what shes trying to prove? If she's trying to show off all of her toys or if shes trying to show Lexie all the things they can play with or if she's just trying to be bad?

POTTY! --- the past few months Rylee's potty has been sitting in the bathroom just waiting to get used. I haven't been pushing the issue with her because she is only 19 months old.
Well she used it 1 time when we first got the potty.
And yesterday right after her daddy went to school, she took her diaper off. (it's such a struggle to keep anything on her, clothes, shoes, socks, diaper!).
So I just let her keep it off, thinking she doesn't pee that much, I will probably put a diaper back on her before she goes.
Well we were about to go into the kitchen and she just stops and says "tee tee". She peed on the floor. Well while I was running a bath for her, we were sitting in the bathroom waiting for the tub to fill up, and she just willingly sits on her potty and pees!
I clapped and cheered for her and she was sooo proud of herself. I don't know if I have ever seen her smile so big and she is always smiling!

So today, she strips down again without saying a word and goes and sits in the dark bathroom and all of a sudden I hear the music to her potty (it goes off when it senses #1 or #2 in it)
So I rush in there to see her getting off the potty saying "tee tee". I am so proud of her. She could have very well just left her diaper on, but she knew she should go in the potty.
Well I came back into the living room and was on the computer and about 5 minutes later I hear the music again & she did it again.
She obviosly knows this is where she is supposed to go. I am trying not to get my hopes up about it, I know that it might not stick. But I am so proud of her. :] Words can't really explain how proud I am :]




1 comment:

  1. Im proud of her too. Glad she wanted to show off for me and lexie when we were there. THats so cool. I feel like shes young to already be Peeing in the POTTY> I have a story to tell u. remind me. diapers for2 y/os. all u gotta say to remind me : )

    ReplyDelete